POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An armed society is a safe society : Re: An armed society is a safe society Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:24:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An armed society is a safe society
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 6 Nov 2009 11:44:21
Message: <4af45264@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

>> I vividly remember how it was hammered into
>> our skulls, over and over until I could VOMIT with it, that you NEVER
>> fire without clear orders, a clear target, and when you know what is
>> BEHIND your
>> target.
>> And then that person too, if properly trained, would
>> have first made an assessment and not just blindly started firing back,
>> which can cause just as much harm.
>
> A very good example of why people who are not continuously trained should
> not be allowed to have guns.

Which is a requirement here for ownership. You have to be shown to have
regularly gone shooting with your firearm (there is a register at every
shooting range you must sign), and you have to pass a training course at an
accredited training facility here to be allowed to have possesion of a
firearm.

> Can you imagine someone trained in firing guns doing this?:
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7091904.stm

You can't fix stupid. Its like a guy I once turned out to who has working on
his car after jacking it up and placing plastic milk-bottle crates as
supports. No surprise, the car fell of the braces he put up and squashed
his head literally as flat as pancake. If you're stupid, you can injure
youself with an ice cream cone! :)
--
Stefan Viljoen