POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An armed society is a safe society : Re: An armed society is a safe society Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An armed society is a safe society
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 6 Nov 2009 09:52:01
Message: <4af43810@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:

>> - you get what you grab, and if you are stronger than somebody and you
>> want something of his, you simply TAKE it. (And hopefully rape his old
>> lady and his daughters in the process.)
>
> In that case, the "human right" of self-defense is also not important,
> since it only shields criminals.

:)

You spotted the gap! Self-defence is explicitly NOT a right in the South
African constitution. As far as I'm aware it isn't a human right in most of
the world's so-called democracies either - except maybe an "implied" right
vs. the 2nd Amendment to the US constitution.

Nevertheless, self-defence -should- be a "human right" IMO.

--
Stefan Viljoen