POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An armed society is a safe society : Re: An armed society is a safe society Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An armed society is a safe society
From: Invisible
Date: 6 Nov 2009 07:48:56
Message: <4af41b38$1@news.povray.org>
Stefan Viljoen wrote:

> Where it is the norm, in the country with the highest murder rate on earth,
> that most house invasions include torture by branding, rape, evisceration,
> vaginal impalement of females, murder of babies and children, etc. - there
> is simply NO way that citizens CANNOT be armed.
>
> I do believe an armed society is a safe society.

In my humble opinion, a society where you *have* to be armed just to
stay alive is, by definition, not safe.

> The basic fact remains that an unarmed man may be attacked with more
> confidence than an armed man - and no government, ever, should have the
> power to deny its citizens the most basic human right - to self defense and
> survival.

That's right. Because you can't defend yourself without weapons. Oh, wait...

(In the country where I am right now, even the *police* are usually
unarmed. And it's fairly rare for them to get killed...)