POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.tutorials : Check(er) Your Gamma : Re: Check(er) Your Gamma Server Time
29 Apr 2024 14:49:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Check(er) Your Gamma
From: clipka
Date: 6 Nov 2009 07:48:23
Message: <4af41b17$1@news.povray.org>
Ive schrieb:

> Thanks for the advertising ;)

To counterbalance it a bit: It does have flaws :-P What bothers me most
is that whenever I re-render any image file in whatever directory IC is
presently in, any subsequent attempt to skip to the next or previous
image - or even just choose "reopen image" - makes it jump to the first
image in the directory instead, which I think makes that "reopen image"
business pretty much pointless... (using version 1.0.10 here)

Still, it has definitely become my favorite tool for "low-level"
post-processing, such as resizing, color correcting, and conveting
between image file formats. And to get rid of color banding in some
exceptionally problematic scenes: Rendering to OpenEXR and then
converting in IC to whatever file format I really want /always/ does the
job.

(I wonder why nobody ever bothered to add a "dither" switch to
POV-Ray... or did I miss something?)