POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Win help editors : Re: Win help editors Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Win help editors
From: Invisible
Date: 6 Nov 2009 05:03:01
Message: <4af3f455$1@news.povray.org>
>> Heh. *My* laser printer at home doesn't even have a duplexer.
>
> I got one of those ultra-cheap inkjets a couple of years ago and rather
> surprisingly that can do duplex - I still haven't quite worked out how
> it manages to do it in such a tiny package.

and wireless connectivity. The surprising thing about it is that it's
really, really damned FAST. I've never seen an inkjet so fast!

make your tea...

>> If you want to do this, you have to ask Acrobat to print the
>> odd-numbered pages in reverse order, feed the stack of pages thus
>> generated back into the beast, and tell Acrobat to print even-numbered
>> pages in forwards order.
>>
>> Or is it the other way around? I can never remember...
>
> Yeh I remember doing that, you have to make sure you put the stack of
> paper back in the right way around, in the right order, and the right
> way up too.

The print path on my printer is reasonably intuitive, so that's not too
hard. (The first pass is in reverse so that the second pass can be in
sequence. So that handles the ordering.)

>> Notice that *only* Acrobat actually offers the ability to do these
>> things, as far as I can tell. If you want to print from some other
>> program... good luck!
>
> MS Word offers it too AFAIK.

I don't think it allows you to select odd/even pages or print them in
reverse order. (I could be wrong, of course.) It allows you to select
ranges, but I don't think it does more than that.

> Programs that don't offer it usually allow
> you to type in a page range, for longer documents you could
> automatically generate a string like 1,3,5,7,9,... using your favourite
> method :-)

How much do you want to bet there's a size limit on the input field? ;-)