POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Win help editors : Re: Win help editors Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:24:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Win help editors
From: scott
Date: 6 Nov 2009 04:49:36
Message: <4af3f130@news.povray.org>
> Heh. *My* laser printer at home doesn't even have a duplexer.

I got one of those ultra-cheap inkjets a couple of years ago and rather
surprisingly that can do duplex - I still haven't quite worked out how it
manages to do it in such a tiny package.

> If you want to do this, you have to ask Acrobat to print the odd-numbered
> pages in reverse order, feed the stack of pages thus generated back into
> the beast, and tell Acrobat to print even-numbered pages in forwards
> order.
>
> Or is it the other way around? I can never remember...

Yeh I remember doing that, you have to make sure you put the stack of paper
back in the right way around, in the right order, and the right way up too.

> Notice that *only* Acrobat actually offers the ability to do these things,
> as far as I can tell. If you want to print from some other program... good
> luck!

MS Word offers it too AFAIK.  Programs that don't offer it usually allow you
to type in a page range, for longer documents you could automatically
generate a string like 1,3,5,7,9,... using your favourite method :-)