POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Win help editors : Re: Win help editors Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Win help editors
From: Invisible
Date: 6 Nov 2009 04:30:44
Message: <4af3ecc4$1@news.povray.org>
>> Personally, I think HTML help files are great, as long as everything is
>> linked correctly. It's either one extra directory to the index, or one
>> extra visible folder to look at. A good trade-off, IMO.
>
> I prefer HTML to PDF too.

As I said before, they are designed for different things.

If you're trying to produce high-quality printed material, PDF is the
natural way to do. It is designed from the ground up to support printing.

For viewing stuff on-screen, PDF isn't such a hot choice. HTML has the
advantage that the text can be reflowed to any screen resolution and
window size. It's specifically designed for on-screen display.

It's about using the right tool for the job.