POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New project? : Re: New project? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New project?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 6 Nov 2009 03:11:58
Message: <4af3da4e$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD a écrit :
> I rerendered this file:
>
> File:Pentatope of 70 spheres animation original.gif
>
> And added about 100 more images to the "Created with Persistence of
> Vision" category, bringing the total to 640.
>
> Mike

Regarding
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pyramid_of_35_spheres_animation_original.gif

I liked the old one better.
Your new one got a blue background, miss actual colored shadow on
ground, lack display of the colors of each layer (green, blue, yellow,
red, grey), is rendered for a square picture (512) dispite the more
traditional contexte of 4:3 picture (the white/marble ground is an
important context to see ), and your rotating speed is too high.
Light is overpresent, no compensation for radiosity...

Given the symetry, I hope that you put only 1/3 of a turn in the gif.