POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : TIF support broken? : Re: TIF support broken? Server Time
28 May 2024 15:16:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TIF support broken?
From: Ive
Date: 5 Nov 2009 05:51:11
Message: <4af2ae1f$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> clipka schrieb:
>>> It appears to me that TIFF file input is broken, leading to a
>>> transparent texture when used in an image_map; can someone confirm?
>>
>> I should have mentioned that this is about 3.7 (beta.34 to be exact).
>
> Apparently, the behavior is different for compressed and uncompressed
> files.

Finally a funny observation: the problem had nothing to do with the
changed handling of alpha channels or the libtif version. It just
happened that the LZW support within the libtif configuration is
disabled for the 3.7 beta 34 due to the (meanwhile obsolete) LZW patent
issue I assume.
And as tiff warning and error messages are disabled by the POV-Ray
importer it just returned an empty image.

-Ive