POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : yay! got my graphics tablet :D : Re: yay! got my graphics tablet :D Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: yay! got my graphics tablet :D
From: nemesis
Date: 4 Nov 2009 17:02:19
Message: <4af1f9eb@news.povray.org>
stbenge escreveu:
> nemesis wrote:
>> :)  Hope with *Gimp Paint Shop brushes you may be able to do some nice
>> fine pencil sketching like that.
>
> Yeah, I think I might try a geological diagram of eroded mountains soon.
> That kind of sketching is nice for such things.
>
> I was meaning to ask you, are the *GPS brushes an add-on for the Gimp?
> If so, can you use them with Gimp 2.6? Or are the GPS brushes a whole
> different version of the Gimp?

It's a package containing a fine collection of brushes, patterns,
palletes and a few other goodies for the Gimp:

http://code.google.com/p/gps-gimp-paint-studio/

it's got a nice manual too.  The spanish guy who created it is a fine
artist too.

Basically, it's just a zip and you copy its brushes, palletes and other
directories to the user gimp directories.  Done.

> I like Gimp 2.6 for a few reasons, but it doesn't smear colors
> correctly... It seems the developers might have broken the smear tool
> when switching to the new color-handling scheme.

hmm, didn't notice it... :s

> I got to briefly play with a drawing tablet back in '99 or '00. Its
> surface was too slick, and the report rate was *really* low. It was
> lagging big-time. I'm glad tablets aren't like that anymore :)

a-ha, so that was your bias against it... :)

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9