POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : yay! got my graphics tablet :D : Re: yay! got my graphics tablet :D Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: yay! got my graphics tablet :D
From: stbenge
Date: 4 Nov 2009 16:46:00
Message: <4af1f618@news.povray.org>

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq199/stbenge/berylProspector_retouched.jpg?t=1257362210

> That drawing is so great!  I like too how you replaced the gun for the
> crystal, but I notice the shadow of the gun is still on his left hand.

The crystal comes away from the hand towards the camera... I kept the
shadow of the gun and used it for the shadow of the crystal instead...
It's probably not accurate ;)

> :)  Hope with *Gimp Paint Shop brushes you may be able to do some nice
> fine pencil sketching like that.

Yeah, I think I might try a geological diagram of eroded mountains soon.
That kind of sketching is nice for such things.

I was meaning to ask you, are the *GPS brushes an add-on for the Gimp?
If so, can you use them with Gimp 2.6? Or are the GPS brushes a whole
different version of the Gimp?

I like Gimp 2.6 for a few reasons, but it doesn't smear colors
correctly... It seems the developers might have broken the smear tool
when switching to the new color-handling scheme.

> BTW, the tablet surface has some wonderful paper-like texture feel,
> isn't it?

Yes, actually it does. It even sounds like drawing of fine paper.

I got to briefly play with a drawing tablet back in '99 or '00. Its
surface was too slick, and the report rate was *really* low. It was
lagging big-time. I'm glad tablets aren't like that anymore :)