POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : yay! got my graphics tablet :D : Re: yay! got my graphics tablet :D Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: yay! got my graphics tablet :D
From: nemesis
Date: 4 Nov 2009 15:37:16
Message: <4af1e5fc@news.povray.org>

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq199/stbenge/berylProspector_retouched.jpg?t=1257362210

> Just pencil-on-paper and referenced from this photo of Prospector Gabby:
> http://mentalfloss.cachefly.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/gabby.jpg
>
> I thought it would be funny to show a miner holding an impossibly large
> beryl crystal, but as it turns out, specimens of that size are
> occasionally found :S

That drawing is so great!  I like too how you replaced the gun for the
crystal, but I notice the shadow of the gun is still on his left hand.
:)  Hope with Gimp Paint Shop brushes you may be able to do some nice
fine pencil sketching like that.

BTW, the tablet surface has some wonderful paper-like texture feel,
isn't it?

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9