POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : yay! got my graphics tablet :D : Re: yay! got my graphics tablet :D Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: yay! got my graphics tablet :D
From: stbenge
Date: 4 Nov 2009 14:28:39
Message: <4af1d5e7$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> Nice drawings :) I used to draw quite well in HS, but it's been a long
> time since I've done any serious drawing.

Thanks! The last "serious" drawing I made was for a fellow mineral hound:
http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq199/stbenge/berylProspector_retouched.jpg?t=1257362210

Just pencil-on-paper and referenced from this photo of Prospector Gabby:
http://mentalfloss.cachefly.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/gabby.jpg

I thought it would be funny to show a miner holding an impossibly large
beryl crystal, but as it turns out, specimens of that size are
occasionally found :S

> On 11/3/2009 3:14 PM, stbenge wrote:
>> Thanks nemesis and Jim, for helping me make a good decision. It was not
>> a frivolous purchase ;)
>
> A good tablet never is. I'm glad I have mine :)

Last time I talked to my grandmother she asked if I was drawing much and
I said no... she sounded so let down. I realized that I should probably
keep my skills up. Buying the tablet was like investing in myself :)