POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : yay! got my graphics tablet :D : Re: yay! got my graphics tablet :D Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: yay! got my graphics tablet :D
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 4 Nov 2009 10:53:10
Message: <4af1a366@news.povray.org>
On 11/3/2009 3:14 PM, stbenge wrote:
> My intuos4 medium tablet finally came yesterday! It was a long wait. Why
> is it that anticipation dilates time?
>
> This tablet is awesome. It works very well with Gimp 2.6. No full
> support for the touch ring though. Rotating and zooming can be
> difficult, but that's what detachable menus are for :)

Excellent! Wacom makes a great tablet. I have a small intuos3 at home
The drawing area is about the size of a 4x6 card, but it doesn't
dominate the desk. I use mine mostly for photo retouching/clean-up, and
it works exceptionally well for me. I occasionally do some sketches, but
nothing on the level that you've demonstrated.

> Adobe Illustrator 9 also supports pressure sensitivity, which is a big
> plus.

I didn't know Illustrator was pressure sensitive. Cool ;)

> Anyway, I said I would post some pics once my tablet came in, so here
> are a few:
>
> http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq199/stbenge/char8.png?t=1257281871
> http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq199/stbenge/Gnome.jpg?t=1257282031
> http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq199/stbenge/char6.jpg?t=1257282108
> http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq199/stbenge/eye.jpg?t=1257282224

Nice drawings :) I used to draw quite well in HS, but it's been a long
time since I've done any serious drawing.

> Thanks nemesis and Jim, for helping me make a good decision. It was not
> a frivolous purchase ;)

A good tablet never is. I'm glad I have mine :)

--
~Mike