POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : yay! got my graphics tablet :D : Re: yay! got my graphics tablet :D Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: yay! got my graphics tablet :D
From: nemesis
Date: 4 Nov 2009 10:21:47
Message: <4af19c0b@news.povray.org>
Invisible escreveu:
>>> An entire year of drawing classes, and I never once produced anything
>>> approaching being this good. Kind of depressing, really. I guess I
>>> just inherantly suck at drawing. :-(
>>
>> Well, everyone has a special talent:  you have good math skills.
>
> I'm not sure where everybody gets this idea from. I have no idea how to
> perform polynomial division, complete the square, factorise polynomials,
> compute triangle angles or any number of other basic school-level math
> tasks. (Not forgetting of course that I have *no idea* what 7 * 6 is
> without getting out pencil and paper to calculate it.)

well, I thought your alias mathorchid and Haskell affinity would have
anything to do with it.  Your fractal renderings too...

How are you supposed to know about basic school-level math stuff when
you didn't go to a normal school?  And forget that, you're way past that
basic level, you're now an advanced math geek using computers to do the
low-level math glue code... :D

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9