POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The most insightful rebuttal to the argument from evil rebuttals I have seen in a while : Re: The most insightful rebuttal to the argument from evil rebuttalsIhave seen in a while Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:24:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The most insightful rebuttal to the argument from evil rebuttalsIhave seen in a while
From: Tim Cook
Date: 3 Nov 2009 12:20:13
Message: <4af0664d$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> I think the whole concept of "necessary" conflicts with the concept of
> "omnipotence."

Why?  As a supposition:  gravity is necessary as the mechanism by which
mass affects things, which does not preclude God being aware of all
properties of all particles and fields in existence.

The Heisenberg uncertainty principle, however, *does* preclude omnipotence.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net