POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Bumpy terrain with cracks : Re: Bumpy terrain with cracks Server Time
5 Oct 2024 16:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bumpy terrain with cracks
From: Chris B
Date: 3 Nov 2009 09:30:41
Message: <4af03e90$1@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote in message

>> However could you tell me where i can find tutorials on bumpy terrains on
>> the net or provide me a sample to begin with ?
>
> .... I did a quick Google, but didn't spot any tutorials, ....

But one thing I did come across was a sample scene file by Kirk Andrews at
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/attachment/%3Cweb.4ac2c552a7005b411322341f0@news.povray.org%3E/landscapetutorial.pov.txt

that uses a function as a height_field to generate a POV-Ray landscape.
(I've not tried it myself). That could provide you with a starting point.

Regards,
Chris B.