POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Font metrics : Re: Font metrics Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:20:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Font metrics
From: Invisible
Date: 3 Nov 2009 07:49:59
Message: <4af026f7$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Does *anybody* here know what the hell the width of each character in a
> Courier 10pt typeface is?! (Apparently it isn't 10pt.)

Thanks for the tips, guys.

Well, by a series of experiments, I have discovered that the neither the
character width or character hight of Courier 10pt is actually 10pt. The
distance from the baseline to the capline is more like 5.5pt or
something, and the distance between characters appears to be exactly 6pt...