POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : www.povray.org resources: remove links to Geocities : Re: www.povray.org resources: remove links to Geocities Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:15:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: www.povray.org resources: remove links to Geocities
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 3 Nov 2009 06:52:04
Message: <4af01964$1@news.povray.org>
"TC" <do-not-reply@i-do get-enough-spam-already-2498.com> wrote in message
news:4af00cf3$1@news.povray.org...
> It is time to remove the links to Geocities on www.povray.org since the
> site is dead, gone and buried. There are plenty links on the
> resources-page that now point into the great void.

The source for the links collection has been posted here:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Knowledgebase:POV-Ray_Links_Collection

There are several people working on the files that were there and some other
housekeeping issues as well. I haven't seen any activity with that lately,
however I was looking for something the other day and found a stale link in
that list. After a bit of investigation that led nowhere I decided to just
delete it.

So the process to make changes to the links collection is in place, minus
the code to get the deltas from the Wiki back to the Main site.

Jim