POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Convert string identifier to object name : Re: Convert string identifier to object name Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Convert string identifier to object name
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 3 Nov 2009 03:44:06
Message: <4aefed56$1@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> schreef in bericht
> Thomas de Groot <tDOTdegroot@interdotnlanotherdotnet> wrote:
>> #local PoserName = "Beggar_";
>> #include concat(PoserName, "POV_geom.inc")
>> #local ObjName = object {PoserName}
>
>  What does the include file contain, specifically? If it contains a "raw"
> object, you could also do this:
>
> #local Obj = object { #include "include_file" };
>
>  Works only if the include file can be inserted there and the result is
> valid
> SDL, of course.

In the specific case of a geometry file for a Poser figure generated by
Poseray, this does not work (I tried). The file contains first a collection
of different mesh2's, all assembled into a union at the end, like this:

//Model assembly from the meshes
#declare Beggar_=
union {
object {......}