POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The graph for Primer is pretty darn acurate... : Re: The graph for Primer is pretty darn acurate... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:24:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The graph for Primer is pretty darn acurate...
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Nov 2009 12:41:34
Message: <4aef19ce$1@news.povray.org>
Kyle wrote:
> GIYF.  I had to Google it myself.  After reading the wiki page and
> reviewing the time travel diagram, I now want to see it.

My primary complaint is that either the director tried to make it
"realistic" or he didn't hire trained actors. Hence, there are situations
where if you were there it would be easy to understand, but since you're
behind a camera with no audio direction clues, you can't understand the
dialog or what's happening.  The whole thing gave me the impression of
lacking auditory "peripheral vision."  People talk over each other, respond
to people they can hear but you can't see and hence can't easily tell who
they're talking to, minor characters show up for 20 minutes at the start and
then disappear, major characters come out of "nowhere" doing things that
would make sense if they really were your father-in-law but are hard to
understand because the audience never met them before and the audience isn't
told until much later it's the father-in-law, etc.

I think at least half the confusion is that sort of stuff, rather than the
actual time-travel paradox.  I think.  But since lots of confusion happens
even before they invent the time-travel stuff, I have to assume it wasn't
just me. :-)

If you like this, also check out Time Crimes.  And if you like other
mind-games, check out eXistanZ. (which may be spelled wrong there.)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)