POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lies, damn lies and statistics : Re: Lies, damn lies and statistics Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lies, damn lies and statistics
From: clipka
Date: 2 Nov 2009 08:12:23
Message: <4aeedab7$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible schrieb:
> "Customers who bought Enya also bought:
>
> - Enigma
> - Clannad
> - Dido
> - Madonna
> - Dire Straits
> - U2
> - Michael Jackson
> - Fleetwood Mac
> ..."
>

> The first couple of entries make sense. But... Dire Straits?! WTF? From
> there on it just makes less and less sense. o_O

Why?

I don't know Enya (or, well, maybe I just don't know the name), but if
bears /any/ resemblance to music from Clannad, then I know at least one
Dire Straits album (actually the only Dire Straits album I know ;-))
they might enjoy as well, and Fleetwood Mac fits pretty well, too.

I'm just a bit puzzled about seeing Madonna and Michael Jackson named in
the same list as Clannad, Dire Straits and Fleetwood Mac, so maybe I'm
terribly wrong about Enya; but then I couldn't agree with your statement
about the first couple of entries.

Also note that Clannad != Clannad, Fleetwood Mac != Fleetwood Mac (both
changed their music significantly over time), and maybe also Dire
Straits != Dire Straits (for instance the Dire Straits album I own
features a Knopfler solo live performance CD, which I find much better -
and a much better fit to Clannad and Fleetwood Mac besides - than the
Dire Straits performances of the same pieces).