POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random griping about Debian "Lenny", Gnome gdb and XDMCP... : Re: Random griping about Debian "Lenny", Gnome gdb and XDMCP... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random griping about Debian "Lenny", Gnome gdb and XDMCP...
From: clipka
Date: 31 Oct 2009 12:00:05
Message: <4aec5f05@news.povray.org>
Warp schrieb:

>   Why are you so paranoid about the bittorrent protocol?

Am I?

If I'd /need/ it and still refused to use it, /that/ would be paranoid.

I don't think there's much paranoia in keeping the number of installed
programs low by avoiding to install software I don't normally need.

>   Even if downloading via bittorrent wouldn't give you any speed advantage,
> it's not like you would lose something by using it. If a large file is
> available primarily through bittorrent, then why not? I see no reason to
> avoid it on principle. Just download it.

So I guess you're installing each and every piece of software in the
world that doesn't make you lose anything, just because other people say
you should because they're all enthusiastic about it?