POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random griping about Debian "Lenny", Gnome gdb and XDMCP... : Re: Random griping about Debian "Lenny", Gnome gdb and XDMCP... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random griping about Debian "Lenny", Gnome gdb and XDMCP...
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 31 Oct 2009 11:05:50
Message: <4aec524e$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:

>     If your Internet connection is slow, then perhaps it makes no
> difference. On some servers, downloading an ISO is as slow as 100 KB/s.
> Using Bittorrent, I can max out my connection (over a MB/s).

Well, in theory BT makes it easier to get good download rates. In
reality, using BT is like downloading anything else; sometimes you get
good speeds, and sometimes you don't. It depends what you're trying to
download. (E.g., try obtaining some old version of Debian. You'll find
it has, like, 3 seeds and no other clients, and it still takes weeks to
download. Try getting the latest version and you should have no
trouble.) It's not much different than the variable download rates
single servers provide.

PS. Why is it that all known motherboard manufacturers can't serve
driver downloads at more than 2 KB/sec??

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/