POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Opensuse 11 Live CD problem? : Re: Opensuse 11 Live CD problem? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:20:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Opensuse 11 Live CD problem?
From: Darren New
Date: 30 Oct 2009 18:42:20
Message: <4aeb6bcc@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> This is true - the *nix way (in general) is that the HW clock is set to
> GMT and the OS calculates the offset.  That may be what TC is seeing.

Speaking of which... how do you change the timezone on Linux these days? The
TZ variable isn't set. I think it's a Debian install. (It's a VM at work, so
I barely know anything about it, but if screws up the timestamps because the
head office is in a different timezone.)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)