POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More Debian "Lenny" griping : More Debian "Lenny" griping Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  More Debian "Lenny" griping
From: clipka
Date: 30 Oct 2009 18:28:58
Message: <4aeb68aa$1@news.povray.org>
Ah, the world was too well, that's why I had to upgrade to "Lenny"...

Just tried to compile POV-Ray 3.7.0.beta.34 again with the Intel
compiler, only to find that it now aborts compilation with the following
highly informational message:

(0): internal error: backend signals

Now all I managed to find out so far is that this is the Intel
compiler's way of saying "Something's wrong, shouldn't happen"...

Geez, why on earth did I upgrade in the first place?

Maybe I need to do what any sane Windows user would do: Re-install the
Intel compiler...?

Then again, a sane Windows user would probably re-install the whole
system from scratch... after all, what important stuff do I have on the
system that's not neatly placed in my home directory?