POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Opensuse 11 Live CD problem? : Re: Opensuse 11 Live CD problem? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Opensuse 11 Live CD problem?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 30 Oct 2009 15:54:41
Message: <4aeb4481@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 10:16:20 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> openSUSE 11.1 and 11.2 RC (which is in final testing now) should
>> include ntfs-3g, so should be able to mount the NTFS partitions without
>> a problem.
>
> I have no problem using ntfs-3g and mounting NTFS drives RW from my
> OpenSuse 11 that I downloaded many months ago. I don't know it's on the
> live CD, but it's definitely in the distro somewhere.

Yeah, on my 11.1 box, I've a small Vista partition (came with the system
and I left it "just in case" I needed it for something, but shrunk it
down really small) and I noticed that the system mounts them at boot time
automatically.  I'm kinda assuming with the live media it's there - would
make sense to me if it was, since one might want to use the software on
the disc to open doc files to check compatibility.

>> With the live media, everything runs of the media - no need to perform
>> an installation.  The media is primarily to permit a user wanting to
>> "test drive" Linux to see some of the features/functionality and to
>> ensure system compatibility prior to installation.
>
> Yeah, I learned that one the hard way. :-)

:-)

Jim