POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Opensuse 11 Live CD problem? : Re: Opensuse 11 Live CD problem? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:24:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Opensuse 11 Live CD problem?
From: Darren New
Date: 30 Oct 2009 13:17:49
Message: <4aeb1fbd@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I don't understand why linux would modify the frequency/timings of cpu and
> memory, and even if it did, why it would have to modify BIOS to do that.

Actually, during boot-up, something along the lines of "installing new
microcode" or "installing new firmware" or something like that scrolls by.
That always worried me, but I figured it either got reversed at the next
reboot or it was too late to do anything about it, and it never caused any
trouble.

I am curious what that's all about, tho.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)