POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Opensuse 11 Live CD problem? : Re: Opensuse 11 Live CD problem? Server Time
8 Oct 2024 14:55:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Opensuse 11 Live CD problem?
From: Warp
Date: 30 Oct 2009 06:59:05
Message: <4aeac6f9@news.povray.org>
TC <do-not-reply@i-do get-enough-spam-already-2498.com> wrote:
> Then, with opensuse there seems to be a problem with changes to BIOS. If it
> is just the bios date-time that is changed - no problem. But if the cd
> should manipulate the frequency/timings of cpu and memory - ouch! I cannot
> imagine it does, but safe is safe, so I'll ask here before I have to go
> hunting for the reset-bios jumper ;-)

  I don't understand why linux would modify the frequency/timings of cpu and
memory, and even if it did, why it would have to modify BIOS to do that.
(What good would it do to modify BIOS anyways? It would have to re-boot in
order for the changes to become effective. BIOS is not something which is
constantly running in the background. It just sets up the hardware and starts
the OS and that's it.)

--
                                                          - Warp