POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Linux Binary 3.6 - adding photons{} block makes scene go 100% black? : Re: Linux Binary 3.6 - adding photons{} block makes scene go 100% black? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux Binary 3.6 - adding photons{} block makes scene go 100% black?
From: clipka
Date: 29 Oct 2009 10:32:03
Message: <4ae9a763$1@news.povray.org>
Stefan Viljoen schrieb:

> I've traced this to the following...
>
> I have a blob in the scene, and this has some transparency in its textures:

Heh - wait! That sounds familiar. I guess it's related to this issue:

http://bugs.povray.org/task/53

At present it's still unsolved; as a workaround, try adding a texture to
the blob as a whole (in addition to the individual components), giving
it some slight transparency. If it's the same underlying cause, that
should do the job.