POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Compilation problem. : Re: Compilation problem. Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:12:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compilation problem.
From: clipka
Date: 29 Oct 2009 09:12:22
Message: <4ae994b6@news.povray.org>
Yansen schrieb:
> Anyone? Please :-(

I guess this is more an issue for some Linux GNU compiler suite support
forum; it seems your installation of the compiler is bogus: The linker
cannot locate the stdc++ library, although it is in some standard
location; at this stage, the ./configure script does nothing
extraordinary, it just submits a small plain vanilla C++ program to be
compiled, so I can't possibly see how POV-Ray could be doing anything
wrong here.

You might try setting an environment variable
"LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64:/usr/lib" (make sure to export it) before
calling ./configure, but that would just be a workaround. Note that the
same environment variable may subsequently also be required when running
"make", and maybe even when running the compiled POV-Ray binary (I know
too little of Linux linking issues to say for sure).