POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Opensuse 11 Live CD problem? : Opensuse 11 Live CD problem? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  Opensuse 11 Live CD problem?
From: TC
Date: 29 Oct 2009 08:04:14
Message: <4ae984be@news.povray.org>
I was looking for a 64-bit Linux live cd (or dvd) - a dvd bootable linux
that can access my windows ntfs volumes but does not make any changes to hdd
(like, e.g, repartition the disk).

Something like knoppix but for 64-bit intel pc. I'd like to try some 64-bit
Linux programs vs. 32 bit Windows XP.

Now, is the opensuse 11 live cd what I am looking for? Or does one have to
boot from live-cd and then install linux?

Then, with opensuse there seems to be a problem with changes to BIOS. If it
is just the bios date-time that is changed - no problem. But if the cd
should manipulate the frequency/timings of cpu and memory - ouch! I cannot
imagine it does, but safe is safe, so I'll ask here before I have to go
hunting for the reset-bios jumper ;-)

Has anybody here experience with the live-cd?

http://www.marco.isrelated.com/?p=67

Since I am not much into linux I'd appreciate any help / suggestions.