POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What is it? : Re: What is it? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is it?
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Oct 2009 12:27:26
Message: <4ae870ee$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> ...so the incidence of crossing lines depends on how much shipping is in
> the area?

It was something like that, yes. I had the impression he meant the tracks
that the boat was actually on were showing up. Sonar off the boat hull and
the wake of the boat taking sonar readings.

It's also a matter of how much the boat actually measures. You get really
good resolution directly under the boat, less to the sides, so you have to
interpolate.

> (And these features aren't part of the actual seabed...)

That's the lowdown, yes.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)