POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 2012 : Re: 2012 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:18:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2012
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 28 Oct 2009 04:49:31
Message: <4ae8059b$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:

>>> Uhm, can you run that by me again. Preferable slightly more coherent.
>>>
>> Ok.. Example - Some believer says, "I went to the doctor, who checked
>> me out, and told me I have X problem. However, since I don't believe
>> in modern medicine, I am going to reject what the doctor recommended I
>> take for it, and pray instead." You can find myriad such examples,
>> where someone applies logic, or even science, to figuring something
>> out, then turns right around, when attempting to apply the result, and
>> rejecting the very thing they just used to get there. ID is another
>> good example. Rejections of ***every single conclusion*** reached by
>> performing the science, yet a demand and insistence that they need
>> science to prove their own interpretations right, which the laughable
>> result that nothing they present ever resembles either real science,
>> valid conclusions, or even and understanding of how science works at all.
>
> yes?....and?...
>
> sorry, what was the context and what is your point?

Hmm. Would it help you to know that an entire political party in the US,
and one news station seems to now function in this kind of fantasy land
of ignorance and blind stupidity? Oh, and that in the state that buys
the *largest* number of text books in the country, and thus tends to
drive what everyone else has to select from, has been systematically
replacing everything they can with precisely these sorts of people since
well before George Bush represented them, never mind before they got him
elected to be commander in chimp. We are, at the moment, watching the
rather disturbing trend that, on one hand, they might actually "keep"
their power base, and make things even worse, while at the same time
watching a civil war break out in their own party, over whether or not
certain members are crazy, stupid, ignorant, or religious, enough to
deserve to *be* members of the party. Its like watching a train wreck,
form the uneasy position of someone tied to the train track.

Understandably, in such a context, what seems like "minor" wackiness,
which only effects a few morons that believe it, to you, is a tad more
serious to *everyone* viewing it from the same room, as it where.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();