POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geek fail : Re: Geek fail Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geek fail
From: Chambers
Date: 28 Oct 2009 02:27:37
Message: <4ae7e459$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Actually, what *might* be useful is if I could hook up my computer to
> another computer and record its output. (There are programs which are
> supposed to record what's on your screen, but none of them actually
> work.) I have no idea what kind of equipment you need to record a DVI
> signal though...

Cost me $15, including shipping.  I got a pretty good deal, though; I
think these usually go for $20 +shipping.

If you want one that will decrypt digital cable, then it costs about
$250-$300.  That's probably because there's only one on the market at
the moment (it has to accept a CableCard, a standard set by a consortium
of US Cable companies).

However, there are others that can accept digital cable signals that
aren't scrambled on the market for about $50.

Oh, and most of these cards do hardware MPEG encoding, so if you ask
Media Center to record something, it doesn't eat very many CPU cycles.

...Chambers