POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That's novel .... : Re: That's novel .... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That's novel ....
From: Darren New
Date: 27 Oct 2009 14:01:40
Message: <4ae73584$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:
> On 10/27/2009 12:17 PM, John Guthkelch wrote:
>> For no reason that I can discover, Thunderbird decided to erase all my
>> p.o-t cache. It's not the first time that it's behaved in a random
>> fashion so I'm now using Pan.
>> Still getting my head round the differences and retraining my fingers but
>> I'm beginning to like it.
>> Secondly, re: a comment about showing email addresses some time back, how
>> about doing what I've done here?
>>
>> John
>
> I'm fairly satisfied with Thunderbird. The few issues I can think of
> are, 1) the advanced thread commands such as Kill and Watch do not
> appear in menus AFAIK,

At the bottom of the message menu. It's not in the roght-click menu.

> and 2) you can't configure the display of watched
> and unread threads separately.

I'm not sure what that means, but you can sort by either column.

My primary regrets are that it doesn't seem to let me kill a sub-tree of a
thread, and it doesn't show the subject-list properly, as in it does not
always default to scrolling to the header of the post you're reading when
you change posts, nor does it consistently highlight the subject line of the
post you're reading.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)