POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Programming langauges : Re: Programming langauges Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Programming langauges
From: SharkD
Date: 27 Oct 2009 13:50:48
Message: <4ae732f8@news.povray.org>
On 10/25/2009 3:55 AM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> SharkD wrote:
>
>> Just started learning TSQL, and I have to say that I _HATE_ it. I
>> would much rather use a typical object oriented language.
>>
>> I understand that TSQL is just a wrapper that hides the highly
>> optimized operations the server _actually_ performs. But the "spoken
>> sentence grammar" type of syntax TSQL uses is highly variable and
>> inconsistent, and to me very confusing and frustrating. Bleh.
>
> I've never seen TSQL, but if it's anything like SQL...
>
> ...well, look up some COBOL example code sometime. You'll see what I
> mean. ;-)

It's also the choice of words that are used for some of the commands
that irks me. Instead of SELECT I would have used GET. Instead of
TRIGGER I would have used EVENT. Instead of JOIN I would have used
INTERSECT. It's hard to remember commands when you don't feel their
names are the most intuitive.

Mike