POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geek fail : Re: Geek fail Server Time
8 Oct 2024 20:23:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geek fail
From: Invisible
Date: 27 Oct 2009 10:02:52
Message: <4ae6fd8c$1@news.povray.org>
>> ...so it *is* possible then?
>>
>> I'd almost be interested in finding out how,
>
> The tuner card is PCIe x1.  Plug it it.  Plug your antenna, satellite or
> cable feed into the card.  Launch Media Center, and let it scan the
> channels.  Tell it what area you're in, and it will download the
> schedule automatically.
>
> That's it.

Heh. I'm guessing the tuner card is pretty damned expensive though. ;-)

Actually, what *might* be useful is if I could hook up my computer to
another computer and record its output. (There are programs which are
supposed to record what's on your screen, but none of them actually
work.) I have no idea what kind of equipment you need to record a DVI
signal though...