POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inspect DLL : Re: Inspect DLL Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:26:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inspect DLL
From: scott
Date: 27 Oct 2009 06:51:40
Message: <4ae6d0bc@news.povray.org>
> I found a DLL called autodisk.dll which exports half a dozen functions and
> hundreds of COM methods and properties. I found several other DLLs which
> apparently export... absolutely nothing. (Why do they exist then?)

Just been reading about .net assemblies, these are also saved as .dll files
but won't expose any "traditional" functions, maybe you found some of these
too.  BTW the .net assemblies contain type and parameter info in the .dll
file, so with a suitable tool (or with a few commands from a .net language)
you can find out what's in there.