POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : wacom bamboo fun : Re: wacom bamboo fun Server Time
8 Oct 2024 20:52:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wacom bamboo fun
From: stbenge
Date: 26 Oct 2009 16:53:17
Message: <4ae60c3d@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> stbenge escreveu:
>> nemesis wrote:
>>> http://forum.ogimp.com.br/index.php/topic,461.0.html
>>
>> Ah, some new stuff! My favorites are still the black panther and the
>> stoner-looking guy.
>
> bwahaha.  gotta really learn to paint better... :)

I've heard of people doing their sketches of paper first, scanning them,
and then inking/painting with the tablet over that. I'll probably adopt
that method myself, at least until I become proficient with the pad.

Just keep practicing! You can use Blender and POV-Ray to get an idea of
how light falls on surfaces, using simple models as examples. Also, I
think modeling clay and a lamp can be very helpful for figuring out the
mechanics of light.

>>> with my doodles.  I've been playing with a wonderful collection of
>>> brushes, patterns and palette presets called Gimp Paint Studio:
>>
>> I have a slooow (24 Kbps) dial-up connection and may not be able to
>> d/l the bonus programs that come with the pad, so I hope Gimp performs
>> as well as they supposedly do :D
>
> GPS is 6 megs. :/

6 megs isn't too bad. Some of those art programs can run into the
hundreds... Maybe I can use my download manager to acquire them in
chunks, maybe not :/

> well worth it though.  I remember a time when I downloaded the emacs
> editor with a 54Mbps dialup connection.  Some 4 hours for about 50 MBs I
> believe...

Some of my recent downloads have had to be completed overnight. My
internet connection is at odds with the house phone :(

>> The waiting is just horrible :S My recent attempts in Gimp really
>> _underline_ my need for a graphics pad... Maybe I can finally order it
>> today or tomorrow...
>
> Just hope it doesn't get you far away from povray... :P

Any further than I am now? Not likely! POV will always have its uses,
mostly in the technical realm.

I can see how having a graphics tablet may become useful for sketching
scene ideas and then finishing them with POV, Blender and other tools...