POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 2012 : Re: 2012 Server Time
8 Oct 2024 18:29:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2012
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 26 Oct 2009 15:17:12
Message: <4ae5f5b8$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
>> Meaningless. Its enough that far too many of them will turn right
>> around and insist that every damn thing they **did** use to make their
>> decision was meaningless, unimportant, and unnecessary, because "god"
>> led them to the choice. This is the thing that pisses **everyone**
>> that is an intellectual, from Christians who manage to mostly
>> compartmentalize things enough to still think about it, to humanists,
>> to atheists, the outright refusal, and apparent inability, of too many
>> "believers" to believe in, respect, or recognize, their own thinking
>> and how they reached a conclusion, and all too often, actually not
>> just claim they reached the result "without" something, but the turn
>> right around and declare, "And since I never need, or use X, no one
>> should need X", right after frakking using X to reach their original
>> conclusions. You honestly think that what we get annoyed at is mere
>> "statement" that they believe in something? Man do you have a
>> distorted view of the issue...
>
> Uhm, can you run that by me again. Preferable slightly more coherent.

Ok.. Example - Some believer says, "I went to the doctor, who checked me
out, and told me I have X problem. However, since I don't believe in
modern medicine, I am going to reject what the doctor recommended I take
for it, and pray instead." You can find myriad such examples, where
someone applies logic, or even science, to figuring something out, then
turns right around, when attempting to apply the result, and rejecting
the very thing they just used to get there. ID is another good example.
Rejections of ***every single conclusion*** reached by performing the
science, yet a demand and insistence that they need science to prove
their own interpretations right, which the laughable result that nothing
they present ever resembles either real science, valid conclusions, or
even and understanding of how science works at all.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();