POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Programming langauges : Re: Programming langauges Server Time
8 Oct 2024 20:50:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Programming langauges
From: clipka
Date: 26 Oct 2009 13:08:42
Message: <4ae5d79a$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible schrieb:

> I'm not talking about storing numbers as ASCII. I'm talking about
> storing a number such as 0x0102030405060708090A0C0B. Any sane person
> would store 0x01, followed by 0x02, followed by 0x03, and so on. But
> Intel and a few like them have decided to instead muddle up the ordering.

And still you can only mess up the order if you interpret it as a
sequence of non-octet blocks (which obviously it isn't in this case).

In the end, any introduction of inconsistencies in ordering has its root
cause in wrong interpretation of the data at some processing step.
Big-Endian may be more robust against this, but that still doesn't make
it "right" and Little-Endian "wrong".