POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : No animation for any POV v 3.62 provided files : Re: No animation for any POV v 3.62 provided files Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No animation for any POV v 3.62 provided files
From: Alain
Date: 25 Oct 2009 18:15:16
Message: <4ae4cdf4$1@news.povray.org>

> "Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] povrayorg> wrote:
>> "Robert Baer" <rob### [at] localnetcom> wrote in message
>>>  I have tried repair as well as re-installing, to no avail.
>>>  Help!
>> a clearer description of your problem might be useful ....
>
> Notes i took:
> /* POV Ray complains about the contents of #include "BAER.ini" which contains
You NEVER include an ini file. You call your scene from the ini file.
>  clock = 1
>  Initial_Frame = 1
>  Final_Frame = 20
>   AND *NONE* of the above lines are accepted!
>
>    POV Ray complains about this:  #declare clock_on=true;
>    additional animation variables
#declare is NOT valid in an ini file, and never was.
> #declare X=clock_delta;       // clock step between frames
Why set this. It's computed automaticaly based on initial_clock,
final_clock, initial_frame and final_frame.
May have been used in versions older than version 3.0.
> #declare X=initial_clock;     // clock value of first rendered frame (+KIn.n)
> #declare X=final_clock;       // clock value of last rendered frame (+KFn.n)
> #declare X=initial_frame;     // initial frame number (+KFIn).
> #declare X=final_frame;       // final frame number (+KFIn).
> #declare X=clock_on;          // true if scene is rendered as an animation
>    above is of ZERO help for animation
>    Note: under 'Options', 'Use Render Animation' and 'Use Extensions' are
> checked..
>          BUT animation is OFF. *ALL* animation samples have this problem!
> #declare K = 3; // of ZERO help, use of '+K' is worse.
> */
>
>   There is no "freezing" everything else seems to work OK.
>   *No error messages.
>   BTW, under the Options drop-down,  i checked Render Priority to HIGH, and
> checked "Use Render Animation.
>   I went further to create a BATCH file to invoke which starts the POV Ray
> program using the +K1 parameter - NO help!
>   There are a few other things (copied from the Help document) which also do not
> work, but animation is critical.

In an ini file, all comments lines start by ";"
There are no multiple lines comments.
If it was legal ini syntaxe, as each #declare use the same variable,
only the last would have any effect, as each would overrwite the
variable set by the previous #declare.

Try this:
On the command line, put "+kff 20" to start a 20 frame animation with
the clock going from 0 to 1.

Here is a sample ini file for an animation. Copied verbatim from one of
the sample scenes that you can find in the animations folder:

; Persistence Of Vision raytracer sample file.
Antialias=Off

Antialias_Threshold=0.2
Antialias_Depth=3
Input_File_Name=ambient.pov

Initial_Frame=1
Final_Frame=26
Initial_Clock=0
Final_Clock=1

Pause_when_Done=off

Cyclic_Animation=off  ;;insures it reaches 1.0

Alain
As you can see, there are NO "#declare" anywhere.

Alain