POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 2012 : Re: 2012 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:25:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2012
From: Darren New
Date: 25 Oct 2009 11:51:51
Message: <4ae47417@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga wrote:
> clipka wrote:
>> Well, I take Darren's attitude as "Your /argument/ is crap because it
>> is based on wrong assumptions; try again"; as long as he doesn't make
>> any statement whether a religion not teaching universal love for each
>> other is crap or not, his posting cannot be read as "God and any
>> religion is crap"
>
> His attitude is not his words, you're missing the point, Islam for
> example teaches the purity of God's love  and that we most promote this
> among us,

Yet it also teaches war, killing, stoning, etc, not love. So, no, I don't
believe that.

> exactly where? and I don't know exactly, is what I conclude
> from the many Koran fragments I've heard or read in an unknown period of
> time.

Certainly. That's precisely my point. The followers of a religion pick and
choose the parts they want to hear. If you haven't read the *whole* Koran
yourself, arguing about what it says is kind of silly, don't you think?

"Hey, Darren's wrong, because some people who may or may not have read the
Koran themself tell me he's wrong."

What about the other dozen religions you just *ignored*, compared to which
Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are essentially identical?

> No he didn't, his attitude also speaks for him.

My attitude is that I call BS on people who tell me what my god wants me to
believe without ever having read my holy books, let alone don't believe
them. I find it an amazing amount of hubris for you to speak for the basic
premise of every religion in the entire world, don't you?

 > And even if the
> quotation is flawed is what we all need to do anyway, as one possible
> way for a harmonious co-existence, makes sense to me.

I'm not arguing the truth of the assertion for people. I'm disagreeing with
your assertion that every religion wants you to love everyone.

Do you even know what the basic premise of the mayan religion is?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)