POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geek fail : Re: Geek fail Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geek fail
From: Stephen
Date: 25 Oct 2009 02:37:21
Message: <4ae3f221@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 09:30:10 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>> Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> Handy.  My next media player, I'll have to look for something like
>>> that. :-)
>>>
>>> Jim
>> In the UK we have DAB
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Audio_Broadcasting My Pure EVOKE
>> Flow can receive DAB, FM and internet radio stations :D
>
> We're starting to get digital FM here now as well.... :-)
>
> Jim

The biggest problem here is that broadcasters squeeze too many stations
onto one channel making the bitrate too low for, Hi Fi OK for pop music
though </distain>. There is also a problem with the DACs used, not
suitable for medium or high end hi Fi systems. They sound OK on budget
and low, medium end ones but the better the quality of system you’ve got
the harsher they sound when you play them.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen