POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geek fail : Re: Geek fail Server Time
8 Oct 2024 20:49:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geek fail
From: Stephen
Date: 25 Oct 2009 02:19:43
Message: <4ae3edff$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> I've never been able to find a station with a bitrate low enough that
>>> it will play reliably. All I get is constant drop-outs and stuttering...
>>>

>> What sort of DAB radio do you have does it have a signal strength
>> indicator? MK should have OK reception.
>
> I wasn't talking about DAB (that works fine). I was talking about
> "Internet radio stations" which stream audio data over the Internet
> using something like Shoutcast.

I generally only use the BBC I-player, real player or media player. I
seldom have any of those problems. Post a link and I’ll check how it
sounds for me.

>> Most people want a high bitrate to get better quality audio :P
>
> You'd think not dropping out every few seconds would count as "better
> audio quality". :-P

Yoy would indeed :)

> But then, you'd think they would design Shoutcast so that it receives a
> smoothly playable signal in preference to receiving every byte of data
> before it will play, so......

That doesn’t seem right to me are you sure you’ve set it up correctly or
are you using the right tool?
--

Best Regards,
	Stephen