POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Programming langauges : Re: Programming langauges Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Programming langauges
From: SharkD
Date: 24 Oct 2009 19:26:09
Message: <4ae38d11$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/21/2009 8:30 AM, Invisible wrote:
> - SQL existed 15 years before high-capacity storage devices appeared.
> (This is worse than it appears. You wouldn't even realise that a
> language like SQL was *necessary* unless databases themselves had
> already existed for some considerable length of time. And after that
> there would obviously be a rash of incompatible proprietry languages
> until people decided to design a standardised one.)

Just started learning TSQL, and I have to say that I _HATE_ it. I would
much rather use a typical object oriented language.

I understand that TSQL is just a wrapper that hides the highly optimized
operations the server _actually_ performs. But the "spoken sentence
grammar" type of syntax TSQL uses is highly variable and inconsistent,
and to me very confusing and frustrating. Bleh.

Mike