POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 2012 : Re: 2012 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2012
From: clipka
Date: 24 Oct 2009 03:54:11
Message: <4ae2b2a3$1@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga schrieb:
> Darren New wrote:
>> Saul Luizaga wrote:
>>> Well not strictly, I don't know what every religion in the world is
>>> about, but mainly every religion preaches how God want us to love
>>> each other the best way possible, you get me?
>>
>> Um, no. Indeed, most religions don't preach that.
>>
>> Buddhism doesn't. Wicca doesn't. Greek gods weren't particularly
>> admirable. Norse gods weren't particularly loving. Mayan gods wanted
>> you to kill each other.
>>
>> I'm pretty sure that even Islam doesn't preach that, but rather
>> obedience to God over all else. I'm also pretty sure that bit doesn't
>> actually show up in the old testament as well.
>>
>> Indeed, unless you think every religion is Christianity and indeed
>> only the loving parts of Christianity, I'm pretty sure that "most" is
>> overblown.
>>

> Your attitude is "Why is God doing this?" on answer, no, what you
> believe is just crap, God and any religion, OK dude, then I'll write:
> what ever you say...

Well, I take Darren's attitude as "Your /argument/ is crap because it is
based on wrong assumptions; try again"; as long as he doesn't make any
statement whether a religion not teaching universal love for each other
is crap or not, his posting cannot be read as "God and any religion is
crap", because all he wrote about was that your assertion that "mainly
every religion preaches how God want us to love each other the best way
possible" is flawed.

That's the difference between argument (Darren's posting), contradition
(how you interpreted his posting), and being hit on the head (your
posting [SCNR for the sake of the Monty Python quote :-)]).