POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 2012 : Re: 2012 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2012
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 24 Oct 2009 03:23:12
Message: <4ae2ab60@news.povray.org>
You have said probably many truths here, but my point of view about the
Bible I think is still valid and the same as I wrote in my previous
post. A guide gets outdated and sometimes have some erroneous facts but
have to cope with that and take the good and the truth and apply it to
our life for constructive benefice which is basically what religions,
governments and society in general strives for, right? unless you deal
in absolutes, which I think this is a serious character flaw, and just
take the flaws of the Bible or any other text as a pretext to deny them
entirely; and AFAIK trying to follow a "perfect" path in life is just
utopia, I think at the contrary we have to make constant but gradual
changes in our life doing our very best.

And I don't re member well but I think that the Bible/Jesus don't say we
have to hate everyone including ourselves, but to deny ourselves meaning
detach from intellectual, personal or any other kind of pride that will
disable our capability of being ourselves: be in touch with our feeling,
flaws, virtues, etc and won't allow us to be humble to learn, improve,
find the better part of ourselves and greater good than what we think
we're capable of. In short is a meditation not a literal advice.

Cheers.