POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Access violation exception : Re: Access violation exception Server Time
4 Jul 2024 14:10:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Access violation exception
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 24 Oct 2009 02:42:30
Message: <4ae2a1d6@news.povray.org>
Le 24/10/2009 06:28, Kirk Andrews nous fit lire :
> "An access violation exception was generated at address 0x00000001400491C4"
>
> Anybody know why this might happen?  I've been getting it a lot.  The size of
> the render (say, 2400x1200) and number of included files (both images and POV
> files) seem to increase the probability of the failure.

A bit more of details, please ?
Does it happen at parse time, or render time ?
Have you any additional time ? (photons, radiosity)

So far, you're like a car driver reporting "the more kilometres/miles I
do at once, the more likely I got a problem."; you do not show the car
to the mechanics' (minimal reproducing scene), and you do not even tell
the company if it's a tire/gazolin/engine problem, or may be just a side
window which cannot be operated. "it make noise sometimes".. nobody is
officially a psychic here, it will be very difficult to get more details
if you do not provide them.

You assumed size of render can influence that: what are the
investigations you made to affirm that ? (you might be true, but so far
you have provided no proof or even the detail of a study which might
lead to that conclusion). Same for others points.